Metro Vein Clinic – A leading Minneapolis vein center
Do you suffer from any of these symptoms?
- Dark red, purple or blue leg veins visible close to the surface of the skin
- Veins in your legs with a bulging, ropy or knotted appearance
- Trouble walking more than a short distance without fatigue
- “Restless leg syndrome”
- Legs that throb, itch or burn
- Roadmap- or cobweb-like veins visible on the skin of your head, neck, chest or arms
If you do, you might be among the 70 million American adults with vein problems such as varicose veins and spider veins. Whether you are bothered by the discomfort or the unattractiveness of veins – or both – our staff at Metro Vein Clinic can help. We are a leading Minneapolis vein center with unparalleled experience in getting rid of veins.
What are varicose veins?
Varicose veins are bulging, knotty or discolored veins with a displeasing appearance and, often, with accompanying sensations of throbbing, tiredness, burning or other discomfort. In healthy veins, the blood flows smoothly from the heart to the limbs, propelled along by valves. However, for reasons including age, weight gain, pregnancy, physical stress or heredity, these valves sometimes weaken or fail altogether. When this happens, the blood stops moving steadily and pools or even reverses course, resulting in the discoloration and knottiness you might see in your leg veins. This condition is called venous reflux and is what causes varicose veins.
What are spider veins?
Spider veins are the very small cobweb- or roadmap-like red or blue veins close to the surface of the skin in the head, neck, chest, face or other parts of the body. Spider veins generally have none of the physical symptoms associated with varicose veins, but treatment is still advised because they can be an indicator of greater vascular irregularities. Many patients also wish to get rid of spider veins simply for cosmetic reasons.
What treatments are available?
At Metro Vein Clinic, we are highly trained in state-of-the-art vein treatment techniques, including duplex ultrasound, EVLT, sclerotherapy, UGS/foam sclerotherapy and approaches to treating leg ulcers and restless leg syndrome. Whereas in decades past, vein surgery was considered the only effective treatment, there are now a host of newer, less invasive procedures that have equally positive results and cause far less disruption to the patient’s life. Your physician will assess your specific vein problems and advise the best course of treatment given your medical situation.
Why Choose Metro Vein Clinic of Minneapolis and the Twin Cities?
We are a leading Minneapolis vein center offering you all of these advantages:
- Your care will be overseen by Dr. Kamran Afzal, an expert physician who is board-certified in phlebology (the study of vein function) and internal medicine
- Our highly trained professional staff is experienced in all the latest approaches to vein treatment
- Our vein treatment clinic is a safe, clean, private environment where our staff will make you feel comfortable and confident
- We emphasize a caring and compassionate patient-centered approach that ensures you will feel like an individual, not a set of symptoms
- We are recognized vein experts in the Minneapolis area, regularly being asked to provide community lectures on vein treatment and vein disease
- We accept most insurance plans
- Financing is available
If you are a patient in Minneapolis, Lakeville, Burnsville, Bloomington, Eagan, Richfield, St. Anthony, Apple Valley, Coon Rapids, Blaine, New Brighton, Mounds View, Brooklyn Park, Edina, Twin Cities, St. Paul, Maple Grove, Eden Prairie, Minnetonka, or Plymouth, call today to schedule your first visit – and begin walking the path to healthy veins.